On Thursday evening, an electrical fire displaced a family in Altus, Oklahoma. The incident happened on the 700 block of Judy Avenue. According to KSWO Channel Seven News, the tenant, Christie Harper, and her family were not home when the fire started. Harper was called, but arrived on the scene too late to do anything about the blaze. She shares the home with her 15-year-old son and 18-year-old daughter who is expecting a baby. First responders were able to put the fire out, but not before it caused extensive damage to the home.
Fire Started in Electrical Outlet
The fire appeared to have started in an electrical outlet in what was going to be the new baby’s nursery. Thankfully, the family was not in the house at the time of the fire, but they did lose all of their Christmas gifts, and items for the new baby. They lost baby clothes, laptop computers and a variety of other essential household items and Christmas gifts. At the time KSWO Channel Seven News reported on the story, Harper’s daughter was being rushed to the hospital for delivery.
Faulty Electrical Outlets
Although very few details have been released about how the electrical outlet could have caught fire, one thing is for certain. The Harper family sustained considerable property damage and loss as a result of the fire. Faulty electrical outlets can be extremely dangerous. Whether anyone is home or not, a small electrical fire can quickly turn into a large dangerous blaze. If you suspect faulty wiring or a defective electrical outlet was to blame for a fire in your house, you need to speak with a fire damage attorney as soon as possible.
Property Damage Due to a Fire
Renters and homeowners alike can sustain severe property damage and loss after electrical fires in the home. Even with insurance, it can be incredibly difficult to recover, replace and rebuild after a house fire. The holidays are an especially difficult time to deal with property damage and loss too.
When to Call a Fire Damage Attorney
Whether you’ve suffered partial damage to the home or a total loss of the property, an electrical fire can uproot your life in an instant. If you have suffered property damage or loss due to a house fire in Texoma, contact the skilled fire damage team at the Altman Legal Group for a free case consultation today.