Last week, a crash in Duncan, Oklahoma took the life of a man from Lawton. According to KSWO ABC Channel Seven News, the incident happened at the intersection of Fifth Street and Camelback road, on Tuesday. Apparently, a driver, Gregory Barbour, was stopped at a stop sign on Camelback Road, when his automobile was rear ended by another vehicle. The driver of the other car, Raymond Towel, was rushed to Duncan Regional Hospital and then airlifted to a hospital in Oklahoma City.
One Killed and One Injured in Duncan Crash
Barbour was killed in the crash, and there’s no word on the condition or the extent of injuries of the other driver. This crash is likely still under investigation with authorities, as very little information has been released. KSWO ABC Channel Seven News did report that alcohol wasn’t immediately suspected as a factor, but there’s still no word on why Gregory Barbour’s car was rear ended at the intersection.
Fatal Crashes in Texoma
In August, we reported on another fatal Oklahoma crash that took the life of a five-year-old child. That one-vehicle wreck involved a pickup truck that left the roadway and struck an electrical pole. Just a week before that fatal wreck, three people died in a multi-car crash on Highway 82, in Archer County, Texas.
U.S. Fatal Crash Statistics
- In 2012, 33,561 people died in car crashes across the United States.
- In 2011, 32,479 people died in crashes across the U.S.
- An estimated 2.36 million people were injured in crashes in 2012.
- In 2012, 10,322 people were killed in crashes involving an alcohol-impaired driver.
- In Texas, 3,398 people lost their lives in car crashes in 2012.
- An alarming 38 percent of those fatalities (1,296) occurred in crashes involving alcohol-impaired drivers.
- In 2011, Texas had 3,054 car crash fatalities
After a Fatal Crash
If you have lost a loved one in an automobile crash due to somebody else’s negligent, reckless or willful behavior, you need to speak with an experienced wrongful death attorney as soon as possible.
Surviving loved ones are often facing medical bills, funeral expenses, lost wages, a loss of companionship and love and the pain that goes along with losing a loved one. The team at the Altman Legal Group sends their deepest condolences to the family members and friends of Gregory Barbour.