On Monday morning, an injury crash on U.S. 287 sent four people to the hospital. According to KFDX News Channel Three, the single-car wreck happened sometime around 8:00 a.m., just north of the 6th Street exit. For currently unknown reasons, the Nissan sedan bounced off of the right side guardrail before swerving and hitting the left side guardrail. A man, a woman and two children were injured in the crash, and they were all transported to United Regional Hospital in Wichita Falls. Traffic had to be detoured around the wreckage as crews and first responders worked the scene.
Two Children Injured in Highway 287 Crash
At this time, no information has been released about the cause of this apparent one-car crash. Although very few details have been released, initial reports indicated that none of the injuries were immediately described as critical. As of Wednesday, the two children had been released from the hospital. There is no word on the extent of their injuries or information on the injuries or the conditions of the two adults who were involved. The cause of this crash is likely still under investigation with local law enforcement authorities.
Passenger Occupant Safety Facts
- In 2013, 21,132 occupants died in motor vehicle crashes.
- 49 percent of vehicle occupants killed in 2013 were not buckled up at the time of the crash.
- Seat belts saved an estimated 12,584 lives among passenger vehicle occupants ages five years old and older in 2013.
- In 2013, an estimated 2,388 lives of those ages 13 years and older were saved by frontal air bags.
- Among children under the age of five years old, child restrains saved an estimated 263 lives in 2013.
Car Accidents in Wichita Falls
Car accidents can leave loved ones in the hospital and out of work. In many cases, these collisions are totally preventable. After any type of car accident, it’s a good idea to speak with a personal injury lawyer about your options. Dealing with multiple insurance agencies can be frustrating and difficult for victims. A lawyer can be you and your family’s advocate during a tough time.
If a negligent or dangerous driver in Wichita Falls, Lawton or in any of the surrounding Texoma communities caused your injury accident, contact the skilled and proven team at the Altman Legal Group at 940-761-4000 for a free case consultation.