On Tuesday morning, a rollover crash sent one man to the hospital. This one-vehicle wreck happened just south of Midwestern Parkway on Taft at about 8:30 a.m. According to KFDX News Channel Three, a Ford F-150 truck struck a curb and then hit the support cables of a utility pole. Law enforcement officials report that the truck rolled several times before coming to rest on its side. The driver was immediately taken to United Regional Hospital for treatment of injuries. Although his injuries were described as non-life threatening, there is no word on his current condition.
One-Vehicle Wrecks in North Texas
No information has been released on why the driver’s truck hit the curb. In cases of single -vehicle wrecks, it’s fairly common for law enforcement investigators to check into whether or not drugs or alcohol were contributing factors. In some cases, mechanical defects or tire-blowouts can lead to this type of crash. Distracted driving is also a common cause for single-vehicle wrecks. When drivers take their attention away from the task of driving, they are putting everybody on the road at risk.
Distracted Driving: Just the Facts
- During the month of June alone, in 2011, over 196 billion text messages were sent or received in the United States.
- In 2011, 3,331 people were killed in wrecks involving distracted drivers.
- 387,000 people were injured in crashes involving distracted drivers in 2011.
- 11 percent of all drivers under the age of 20 involved in fatal crashes were distracted.
- In fatal crashes involving drivers ages 15 to 19, 21 percent of distracted drivers were using cell phones.
- Sending or receiving a text message, takes the driver’s eyes from the road for about 4.6 seconds. At 55 miles per hour, that’s the equivalent of driving an entire football field blind.
What to do After a Crash
After a crash, the first priority is always to seek medical attention. Even minor crashes can leave victims with lasting after-effects. Once you or your loved one has been evaluated and treated by a medical doctor, you should contact an experienced personal injury attorney swiftly. A lawyer can deal with pushy insurance companies and track down necessary investigative reports and pertinent documents to the case. If you or a loved one has been injured in a wreck, contact the experienced team at Altman Legal Group at 940-761-4000 for a free consultation today.