Brad Altman is an AV (Preeminent) rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell and has been practicing law for more than 22 years. He has devoted his entire career to representing clients who have undergone serious injuries and death caused by the actions of other persons or corporations. Through tenacious preparation, commitment to his clients, commitment to the details, and zealous advocacy in the courtroom, Mr. Altman has recovered millions of dollars for his clients through settlements and verdicts. Brad has several million dollar and multi-million dollar recoveries for his clients.
He is licensed to practice law in all State Courts in Texas and Oklahoma, as well as in the U.S. Federal Courts of the Northern and Western Districts of Texas and Western District of Oklahoma. For many years Brad has been named a “Super Lawyer– Rising Star” by Texas Monthly.
Brad is a Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation. Election to the Fellows is one of the highest honors that can be bestowed upon a member of the State Bar of Texas. Nomination is based on outstanding contributions to the legal profession as well as a commitment to the community. Each year, only 1/3 of 1% of Texas Attorneys are invited to become Fellows of the Texas Bar Foundation.
Brad is also listed as one of the “Best Lawyers in America” in Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs by Woodward/Wright, Inc. He was chosen based on a rigorous peer-review survey comprising more than 7.3 million confidential evaluations by top attorneys.
A graduate of Baylor University, Brad is an avid Bears fan. Following graduation, he completed law school in Houston at South Texas College of Law before coming to Altman Legal Group in 1996.
Brad and his wife, SueAnn, have two children, Brooke and John William. He is a native of Wichita Falls, and graduated from Wichita Falls High School. He is an active member of First Baptist Church. While at Baylor, he was a member of the Baylor University Men’s Tennis team and numerous organizations. Brad enjoys time with his family and continues his athletic and competitive spirit through his tennis, road biking, mountain biking, running and many other competitive sports. He also enjoys scuba diving, snow/water skiing. Brad is also a private pilot and holds an instrument rating.
Brad is admitted to practice in the following courts:
- All State Courts in Texas
- All State Courts in Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court in the Northern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Court in the Western District of Oklahoma
- Baylor University (B.B.A, 1993)
- Houston College of Law (Formerly South Texas College of Law) (Houston, TX) (J.D., 1996)
- AV (Preeminent) rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Texas Bar Foundation (Life Fellow, 2014)
- State Bar of Texas (1996-present)
- State Bar District 14A Grievance Committee (2006-2010; Chair, 2008-2010)
- State Bar of Oklahoma (2002-present)
- Wichita County Bar (1996-present)
- Board of Directors (2006-2007)
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association (1996-present) (Board of Directors 2013-present )
- Oklahoma Trial Lawyers Association (2007-present)
- American Association of Justice (Formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America) (1996-present)
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association
- Better Business Bureau (BBB), Board of Directors, (2015-2017)
- Northwest Texas Council – Boy Scouts of America
- Executive Board (1998-2010)
- Council Attorney (2001-2010)
- Hospice of Wichita Falls
- North Texas United Way
- Wichita Falls Traffic Safety Commission (2003-2009, 2014-present)
- Wichita Falls Aviation Safety Committee
- Christ Academy, Board of Trustees (2010-2013)
- Active member, First Baptist Church of Wichita Falls
- Wichita Falls Bicycling Club (WFBC), President, (2011-present)